GEA Search and Rescue providing support at Lombok, Indonesia
GEA Search and Rescue (SAR) Team, a long-standing JTI Foundation partner has stepped in and is carrying out critical emergency response and disaster preparedness activities.
GEA SAR delivers training and capacity building. They will provide psychological support and give basic training such as earthquake preparedness and how to give emergency first aid.
- Deployment of an experienced SAR team to train up local volunteers, two trips to Lombok;
- Establishment of local volunteer SAR team, 15 members;
- Providing SAR training and basic equipment for the local SAR volunteer team;
- Training of volunteer Trainers in earthquake awareness;
- Training in community mobilization and the provision of psychosocial support
A local search and rescue team made up of 15 local volunteers, will be trained by GEA SAR team to carry out basic search and rescue response to save people under the debris, and provide emergency response and psychological support in the future. Around 380 000 of the island’s residents will indirectly benefit from this initiative.